23 Jun BACON MAC AND CHEESE
1 bag Elbow Best Value Elbows
1 teaspoon cornstarch
12 ounces light beer (or orange shandy beer)
1/2 cup water
6 slices bacon, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
Season to taste
1. Cook Elbow pasta 2 minutes less than the directions specifies. Place pasta in large bowl; set aside.
2. Mix the cornstarch with the cheese in a bowl and set aside. The cornstarch will help prevent the cheese from getting too stringy.
3. Meanwhile, simmer bacon in skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate; set aside on .
4. Add onion, salt and pepper to skillet with hot bacon fat. Cook over medium-heat. Slowly add lemon juice, water and beer, stirring until vegetables are fully combined. Reduce heat to simmer.
5. Add the cornstarch-cheese mix 1/2 cup at a time, stirring to fully incorporate each addition. Cook and stir about 3-4 minutes. Pour the sauce over pasta. Add about 1/2 of reserved bacon. Sprinkle pasta with remaining bacon and green onion.